The Top 3 Nutrition Principles that Affect a Diet

  • Calorie Balance: The single most important variable in determining diet success is calorie balance. Calorie balance is the ratio between calories taken in and calories expended in any one individual at any given time (usually measured over the course of a week to cancel out most fluctuations). A calorie is a form of energy measurement. Calories can be used (burned) to produce movement and a host of other body functions, consumed from food and drinks, where after they can be used to produce energy right away, or stored for later use.
——————————————————————————————————————————
  • Macronutrient Quantities: This is the amount of protein, carbs and fats in your diet. Other than alcohol, all calories come from these three macronutrients.  Each one has its own specific actions within the body and they are needed in different quantities to be most effective.
————————————————————————————————————————–
  • Nutrient Timing: Nutrient timing is when to take in nutrients throughout the day and encompasses meal frequency along with timing of meals in relation to activity.
These 3 factors make up 90% of a diets’ results (food composition and supplements make up the other 10%).  That said, the first 2, Calorie Balance and Macronutrient Quantities are responsible for 80% of your results!  Regardless of current training status or experience, research has shown repeatedly that the number one most important dietary concern is total caloric intake with appropriate macronutrient ratios. Do you have any questions? Simply text us at 203-457-3002 or email us at [email protected] and one of our expert personal trainers will get back to you ASAP. Your T2X Team.